Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Concepts

My concept so far is that I know I want to be mobile, but if possible I want to create a project that could be stationery as well and still be awesome. Here are some things that have inspired me over the break for my ideas:





This has probably been influenced by all the science-fiction novels I've been reading over the break probably.

CONCEPT I:

When I was trying to think of a way to get adults to act like children what I immediately thought of is adding a game element. So what I want to do is have an adults TWISTER on the lawn in the back of Rust Hall and project down on the grass to do so. Instead of people being told which color to put their body parts on they can choose whichever and when they put their body part on it- it becomes activated and whoever has activated the most colored circles wins.


CONCEPT II:

 This may or may not need kinect- but my idea is to give someone a 3-D hologram caricature of themselves from the chest up. I think drawing is really cool and I can do it really fast so I really like this idea. the only problem is of course people have to keep their eyes closed so I'm thinking maybe have them wear sunglasses. Of course I can always draw there eyes open. Omit the ending where a bunch of balls come from like nowhere.



CONCEPT III:

Put the audience/user into an alien enviroment using the kinect.

I want the audience to feel whimsy and actively feel like they are being placed in this world. by using the kinect to shadow their figure into a science-fiction like landscape that scrolls. There silhouetted figure is equipped with a flashlight and a jetpack that really drives the fact that they are adventuring into this different place.

I believe this is possible as long as we can get the same "shadowing effect that is present here:



No comments:

Post a Comment