Thursday, February 23, 2012

Installation Concept and Execution

WHAT IS BEING SEEN:

I've gathered lots of specific stock film (Try to fit the music with his glitchy, house, electronic and I like to look at cities at night) and made a .izz project that uses the Nano Keyboard to go through different effects, toggle switches, control watchers etc, and basically played with them to make some cool video. I plan to do this for every song.

There are also line animations I made with a theme of thinking of the line as a dance. It is being activated by the sound level watcher and triggered on and off and controls the Video mix ratio. All of this goes through the luma key to get a dual sort of mixture/blending look. 


SPACE:

What really interested me about the space was the idea of using lines to flow around the space organically. What interested me a lot about the second tutorial class was the sound level affecting the effects and how I could use all those different values to do different things in Isadora. What I've came up with is a type of compromise of those two things.


PERFORMANCE:

My idea for the performance will be to use the APC40 with the current configuration of the Live Sound input (The sound affecting the visual by cutting to the lines as well as controlling the posterization etc, essentially) to create a different mood based on every song I play.(by going to different scenes or turning some effects on or off). I will use multiple bits of footage and material, With most of it connecting to the non performance interaction time.



VIEWER INTERACTION:

The viewer can interact in two ways,

1. Being in the space and raising the sound level (in combination with the music)

2. Using the Keyboard will make the viewer go between different types of lines and maybe effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment