Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3 Concepts

Concept I:



A woman buys a teapot and upon first using it is transported to an alternate universe.

So, a woman goes to a second-hand store or market and buys a teapot that is really cool and kinda futuristic-modern looking. At home she puts it on the kettle and upon it first whistling and the steam starts rising she is transported to a different world- Via the steam lifting her up. She if flying now on steam in this different world and starts looking around her at the sky and the grown below her. As she starts flying over the sea the clouds of steam dissipitate and she is dropped down towards the water where she lands on a huge wobbly jellyfish. There she rides it and realizes the huge jellyfish is surrounded by smaller jellyfish at its side. (they are above the water) It's started to get a little darker and they come upon a huge city that has all these little specs of light. As she gets closer she realizes they are flying jellyfish. The sea gets rougher and the jellyfish wobbles more causing her to fall off into the sea of other jellyfish but just before she hits the water the teapot transports her back to her kitchen and as all of the water has boiled out.

Concept II:



Kind of in this style.

I want to chronicle the making of a delicious meal of something I like but most other people don't: Ramen.
I think it can be a totally healthy food depending on the way it's prepared. So, for this I want to use Pixelation. I will show the vegetables being made and being put in the ramen and the seasonings putting themselves into the ramen, etc., and at the end show the nutrition facts of what I've made and everything I just made being instantly eaten.

Concept III:



Kinda like this.

So- in order to get an idea of what I'm trying to do- I will be posting a video here of this animation/film thing I saw that was super cool.

The space I want to use for this is Parkside's Courtyard- if you don't know it, it's a really old and bushy courtyard between these two super old buildings (circa 1910-20) and I want to animate these two characters that are just white outlines fighting to the death. This will be a combination of film and frame-by-frame animation. All the backgrounds are film but the characters a drawn frame by frame.

The only problem with this is I've been wanting to do something with 48fps but I;m confused as to what this will cause my animation to have to be drawn at.

No comments:

Post a Comment