Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Assignment Write-Up

I think the conceptual development today was very helpful. I'm really liking the idea of everyone making/creating these experimental "machines." I wish I could think of one, but I really want to approach One-Frame-At-A-Time as a conventional film we view in a darkroom. I want to get some interactivity with the audience as well- which I had with the ramen piece but I'm not sure how I could go about this with the ideas I had now. Projection mapping seems interesting but very difficult. In my middle school we had one of those projectors that has a screen that is also a touch-screen, which was really awesome. That would be so nice to have now. By the way: LOOK AT THIS STUFF



That is crazy-awesome-insane right there. So Supplies I plan on getting and/or bringing on Thursday:

Mylar
Tracing paper
Jelly
Dry Erase Markers
Pens
Nail Polish
X-acto
Different varieties of papers
Watercolor
Brushes
Acrylic
Something that can control water on a flat surface?
Pyrex/ziplock bag/Something clear that can hold water
Other du-dads

I just thought of something to make it somewhat interactive! I could get one of those big ol' used/discarded aquariums and while people are watching the movie it can be filling with water and then the projection can be somewhat mapped to show the jellyfish glowing within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment